Mobile Services in the Mid Sussex District

Please click here for the Mid Sussex Mobile Service timetable.

Mid Sussex District Council currently arranges for a number of mobile collection services for residents who are unable to travel to Burgess Hill or East Grinstead Household Waste Recycling Sites (HWRS).

This has been agreed with relevant Town and Parish Councils.

What can I take to the Mid Sussex Mobile Site?

The mobile sites ONLY accept general, non-hazardous waste materials that are not normally taken by your household waste collection service.


• General household waste

• Garden waste

• Metal

• Furniture

• Wood


Fridges & Freezers, TVs & computer monitors, fluorescent tubes, car batteries, gas bottles, household & garden chemicals, fire extinguishers, cooking oil, engine oil, rubble (concrete & bricks), asbestos, plasterboard & gypsum products and electrical appliances.

Please note:

• If you take recyclable materials (paper, card, glass bottles, wood, garden waste etc) to this mobile site, they will be accepted but they will not be recycled

• Hazardous waste (including fridges and freezers) or rubble cannot be accepted

• This service is run for the convenience of householders. Waste arising from trade or businesses will not be accepted

• It is an offence to deposit rubbish at the sites other than in the vehicle on the appointed day during operating hours

For queries regarding the Mid Sussex Mobile Service, please contact Mid Sussex District Council on 01444 477440.

How else can I dispose of my bulky waste?

Your local district or borough council may offer a bulky household waste collection service. 

How do I report fly-tipping?

If you see someone fly-tipping or would like to report an area where fly-tipping has taken place, you should make a note of the following:

- The date, time and place of the occurrence.

- What the waste looks like and how much there is.

- A description of any vehicles involved, including the vehicles registration numbers.

- A description of any persons involved in the offence.

Report fly-tipping to your local Council